Working with North Hykeham Town Council
City of Lincoln
Working with City of Lincoln Council
Working with Lincolnshire County Council
Working with Access LN6 and Local Businesses
LN6 runs several Focus Groups on key issues in the LN6 area including Transport and Trading.
Questions? Get in touch.
LN6 is working with North Hykeham Town Council, City of Lincoln Council, Lincolnshire County Council, Access LN6 and local businesses at tranport and infrastructure issues with the LN6 area.
What is Access LN6?
Access LN6 is a £6.5million programme which aims to improve sustainable transport options in the LN6 area.
The programme will focus on behaviour change initiatives and any barriers associated with sustainable travel. Access LN6 will increase opportunities to walk, cycle and use public transport, as well as making improvements to infrastructure in the area.
There are eight main objectives for Access LN6:
- Reduction in car use
- Reduction in journey times
- Increase in cycle trips
- Change in pupils’ travel patterns
- Reduction in carbon emissions
- Increase in rail patronage
- Increase in active adults and improved health in the community
- Reduction in accident rates and severity
Cllr William Webb, Executive Councillor for Highways and Transportation at Lincolnshire County Council, said:
“Access LN6 will invest £6.5million into the LN6 area and will benefit residents, businesses, schools and community groups alike. The programme is forward thinking and innovative, and aims to make a real difference to the way we travel in the area. I look forward to seeing Access LN6 develop over the next few years and the impact it will have on the local population.”
Access LN6 is a three year programme (2012-2015) funded by Lincolnshire County Council and the Local Sustainable Transport Fund (LSTF); a Department for Transport (DfT) grant. The grant is awarded to schemes which stimulate economic growth and reduce carbon emissions by encouraging smarter travel choices.
How will Access LN6 benefit you?
Up to £6.5million will be invested into LN6 over the next two years with a number of Access LN6 projects being developed and rolled out across the postcode. These will include:
- Improved bus services
- Improved cycling and walking infrastructure
- Bike loan schemes
- Improved accessibility to Hykeham Station
- Personalised Travel Planning for residents and businesses
- A broad programme of behaviour change initiatives through a mixture of social marketing, travel planning, information and encouragement
- Lincolnshire County Council
- North Kesteven District Council
- City of Lincoln Council
- Lincolnshire Sports Partnership
- East Midlands Trains
- Further Information
For more information on Access LN6 please contact:
Project Manager – Access LN6
Tel: 01522 554 545
Email: [email protected]
Website – www.accessln6.co.uk
Twitter (@AccessLN6) – www.twitter.com/accessln6
Facebook – www.facebook.com/accessln6